Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Encountering GOD and his healing work in our lives is a process, it takes time. However, many people still carry and hide their pain and have not properly address the deep emotional and spiritual wounds in their lives and they haven’t shared those wounds with those who are the closest to them.
So, I ask what are you carrying today? What is your pain? What is so deeply embedded in your heart that hinders you from moving forward in your life with the relationship closest to you?
Lately there have been some high profile weddings in the media, so this got me thinking…
Why do relationships break down? Selfishness We are ALL selfish people! AND…when we view our relationships as an opportunity to get all of our needs met rather than as an opportunity to serve someone it will always go bad.
When we date, we usually make extreme sacrifices for one another…but for some reason people think when marriage happens the sacrifice stops, when in actuality it needs to increase. I’ve NEVER seen a marriage go bad when both of the people in the marriage were focused on sacrificing themselves for the purpose of serving the other person. What is it that you need to give up for your marriage to go to the next level?
Marriage seems hard…because…it is hard!!! AND…many marriages fall apart because things are not easy…and rather through fighting FOR the marriage couples allow the stress to cause them to fight IN their marriage.
If there is stress in your marriage…you are normal, especially when you add the pressures of schedules, expectations, kids, job, finances and day to day life. Too many couples allow stress to separate them when it should actually solidify them and bring them together.
If your marriage needs help…ASK!!! If I’m sick and simply deny it and refuse to go to the doctor…what was a small issue can wind up turning into an issue that could kill me. If there is a problem in your marriage THE BEST thing you can do is confess the issue and ask for help! Doing so doesn’t mean you are weak…it means you are godly!!! (James 5:16)
Many marriages have been destroyed because pride dominated the couple…and a simple issue that is easily correctable with the godly wisdom of others is allowed to go unattended…and it always destroys. Marriage CAN work…and it DOES work when we are determined to do it God’s way.
Monday, August 08, 2011
The Soul Sanctuary Golf Tournament was established to raise funds and open doors of opportunity by providing funding for shelter and education to less fortunate children on the
These two women were each volunteering for one year period to work with and help the children of
All Hands Held was created by far too many people's efforts to mention them all here and has partnered with Soul Sanctuary from the time the Church was established. The foundation has grown each of it's seven years of existence, by building on small successes and having a strong and committed foundation of people (100% volunteers).
All Hands Held has several well established programs which are described as follows...
- The Satya Wacana University Scholarship program. The goal of this program is to provide a total of 21 full four year Scholarships (one for each year of Alana Fife's life) to deserving students who otherwise would be unable to have the opportunity for a post secondary education. Currently there are three young adults enrolled, one in the faculty of law, one in the school of music, and one in computer programming and one pending.
- In the past we have donated up to $15,000 USD to the Wisma Kasih building fund. The new orphanage opened up in January 2007 and the facility is beautiful. This year we had two members from Soul Sanctuary go and inspect the premises and they have come back with glowing reports in regards to the conditions and management of the facility. The building was partially funded by an All Hands Held/ Soul Sanctuary joint effort.
- The Wisma Kasih Library and computer learning centre. This new library opened in May 2008 and is a resource to enable the children of the orphanage to grow and succeed. The computer centre has 4 new computers complete with high speed internet.
We are asking YOU to get involved in any or all of the following ways:
1. You can SPONSOR a hole $100 $300 $500
2. Contribute a merchandise prize for the tournament, which will be recognized at the dinner.
3. You can enter your own foursome/couple/single and join us for a relaxing, fun and enjoyable day to show your support. Entry fees are $100 per person which includes a charitable donation receipt and a fantastic supper.
4. DON'T Like golf? FANTASTIC....come for the dinner and be a part of the bidding! There is room for all! Bring a friend and come and make a difference!
Most people have no just how far their donation to this cause goes. You are literally changing lives!