Wednesday, November 07, 2007

11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.


The following happens between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.

So, I am watching CNN, sipping my latte, ummmm pumpkin spice. Here are some thoughts from GOD is Closer Than You Think.

“The central promise in the Bible is not “I will forgive you.” The most frequent promise is “I will be with you.”

“Once you see GOD in an ordinary moment at an ordinary place, you never know where he’ll show up next.”
“Spiritual growth, in a sense, is simply increasing our capacity to experience the presence of GOD.”
“Brother Lawrence wrote ‘The most holy and necessary practice in our spiritual life is the presence of GOD. That means finding constant pleasure in His divine company, speaking humbly, and lovingly with Him in all seasons at every moment, without limiting the conversation in any way.’”
Think about it this way…what if GOD could be that close? “Maybe I miss Him because I fail to see Him in the ordinary moments of my life. Maybe every heartbeat is not just the mechanism of a sophisticated plumbing system but the echo of GOD’s voice, the murmur of God’s love.”
It is 11:55 a.m. and I have been called to board the plane…must run….

No comments: