Thursday, April 22, 2010

24 Part 3 Limited Edition


The following takes place between 11:00 pm – 7:00 am
Talk about having a restless sleep. The TV was left on, and I hate sleeping by myself. Anyway, after a shower, I got on the road to find Marnier’s Church, where the conference is being held.
The following takes place between 8:00 am – 9:00 am
Found the church very easily, then headed out for a coffee shop. Grabbed a wonderful quad Americano and headed back to the church. Walked the grounds…talk about a wow experience. Maybe I will post some pictures at a later date. But talk about wow. Got my registration connected and now I am ready to go.
The following takes place between 9:00 am – 11:00 am
Made my way into the main gathering space and began to wait…….2 gents from Portland joined my table and things were cool. We laughed, we cried, we shared….ok we laughed!
Around 10:30 Aaron Keyes (www.aaronkeyes.com) lead in worship and did a fantastic job. As we are singing, I was looking around and just two tables over, I noticed a familiar face. It was Phil…..Phil from Edmonton. MORE CANADIANS! YEAH, EH!
The following takes place between 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
After the worship I connected with all the Canadians from Edmonton. Went to a session on grace and forgiveness and restoration which was lead by Jud Wilhite ( a pastor from Las Vegas) Mike Foster (formerly of xxxchurch.com) and Tony Wood (a pastor who shared his story of grace). The seminar was called people of the second chance and then the 6 of us went for Lunch! Ummm Mushroom Swiss Hamburger.

The following takes place between 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Excellent seminar with Dan Kimball entitled “Don’t be a Christian: Leading others to exchange religion for the Mission of GOD.” I love listening to Dan, he says a lot of things that I have heard him say before, but it is always good to be reminded!

The following takes place between 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
After picking up my sister in law, we travelled to downtown LA and waited for her husband to meet us. We were at LA Live. A great place of activity which was across from the Staples Center filled with food, stores and watching hockey fans play ball hockey. I must say that there were many Canuck fans. I being a Canuck, however, was NOT one of those fans. Was able to watch a number of Canadians, take on a number of USAmericans in a game of ball hockey. A repeat of the Olympic Gold Medal game.

After some wonder sushi my brother in law and my self went to the game. What a great experience. Man I miss real hockey! I had the opportunity to text my son, who was at the Moose game, what was happening and he in turn returned the favor. I think my game was better, although his went into double overtime. I have to admit that Kings fans are GREAT, LOUD and LOYAL. Not too mention they had some really funny and raunchy signs, which I cannot publish on this blog.
The following takes place between 11:00 pm. – 12:00 am
Back at the hotel, catching up on emails and this blog….must … sleep….tomorrow the book says be there at 7:30 am. REALLY? REALLY!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, you gonna blog this much detail when we're together at GC in Edmonton?

Yikes!

SoulPastor said...

This is not THAT detailed. And no one really cares about how you sleep!

Rachel H. said...

Dan Kimball.... we just finished a bible study at our place that was his DVD series "They love Jesus but not the Church" .......