Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Following takes place from 10:30 am to 11:30 am

We are in Solo and arrived safely at our hosts house. Pak Paulus is our connection here in Solo and we were by him and our old (from 8 years ago) interpreter Freddy! We promptly went to the elementary school where we raised the funds to have a state of the art English computer lab installed. I was impressed. I asked that the teacher pull in a few students to show me how it works and it was amazing to see how excited the kids got when they could participate. Without question, this has been one of the biggest and best investments that we have made. The room is dedicated to the memory of Alana Fife and I had the opportunity to see the plaque that they made in her memory.
I must admit, there has been a tug at my heart as I remembered Alanna. I believe that she would be proud to see this done for the children of Indonesia.

No comments: