Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The following took place from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm

We met our contact and proceeded to a Bible store to buy 65 Bibles for the kids at the orphanage upon the pastors request. The store was a little surprised at the amount of Bibles needed.....I laugh!...Ha Ha! Anyway, one of the board members from the church that we were at on Sunday wanted to bless us with Batik shirts and we had to go to a special mall to pick them up. After walking around for a bit, 3 teen girls asked if they could interview me for an English project at school. Both Mark and I took some time with the girls as they were learning English. They did a great job in the interview and later in the day I received an email from one who is also a Christian. I think I need to connect some of our youth to these kids.

It was about 12:30 pm and our hosts wanted us to do lunch, but we gratefully declined...yes your read correctly...I declined lunch. Only because we were still full from breakfast. They wanted to treat us for pizza, because it was "Crazy Tuesday" which meant it was two for one. Since we were not able to get out to the orphanage, Mark had the brainstorm to deliver pizza's to the kids....so we did!

Then we were off to the airport. I must admit both Mark and I were pretty somber leaving Solo to Jakarta. But it is all good.

No comments: