Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Indonesia

So, next week I will be travelling to Indonesia with another member of Soul. We are off to visit the university where ALL HANDS HELD gives sponsorships to students for secondary education and we will be visiting the orphanage, which is also partially funded by the community of Soul Sanctuary. I will be doing a daily 24 on this blog, so you can follow here or on Facebook and Twitter. Our first stop in our agenda is to meet with the students at the university and to see how their progress is. Following that, I will have the opportunity to be a part of a discussion group of Campus Ministry staff and some members of the Theology Faculty. It will be an informal time of sharing as well as question and answer. This is where you come in. If you were to be a part of this forum, what questions would you have of people who are believers in a Muslim nation? Post away!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did you convert?

Karl said...

What brings you joy?
What breaks your heart?
How do you live the command "Love your neighbour as yourself" with Muslims in your community?

Anonymous said...

Wow. With such a cultural contrast, what can you ask? If it were me, I'd be on a huge learning curve. Forget the questions, unless it's 'How can I help?' or 'What should I know?'. I've never been in such a place. They would have more to teach me than anything I could possibly suggest.

gilles

SoulPastor said...

Anony...
You are presuming that they converted. You would be surprised as to how many are born into "christian" families.

kenny said...

I am there with mindbending...and really, "what should we know?" and "How can we help?" Wishing I was leaving on a jet plane with you. There is a Living Waters group out there. Safe and peaceful journey to you. Will be praying...and looking forward to reading your daily 24.